Thursday, August 5, 2010

May GO PEPPERS 2010 TBALL


Spring was here and it was time for TBall again. I had to make the decision if I wanted to bend the rules and let Haley play. The rule was the child had to be atleast 3 years old to play, but they would bend to rules for certain people. I knew Haley would want to play since Aubrie was, but I figured since she was still a young 2 she was still a little too young to play. Plus it was time for her to learn that she can’t do everything that Aubrie gets to. So I only signed Aubrie up to play, but I ordered Haley an “Aubrie’s Sister” shirt so she wouldn’t feel left out.


Aubrie played on Mrs. Shirley and Uncle Cooter’s team last year and again this year. A lot of her teammates were friends and family, including her boyfriend from school, Collin (see pic). We were happy to see that even though she hadn’t played ball since last year, she picked everything up again pretty quickly.

I thought that I had made the right decision on not letting Haley play until the second game. All she kept saying was “I wanna play BBall!” So one of the players offered up an extra glove and I took her out on the field. I really thought that I would be chasing her all over the field and yelling at her to get out of the dirt. Well she proved me wrong! She was playing better then most of the kids out there. She would patiently wait for the other team to bat and then would go after the ball every time. We were up to bat last so Mrs. Shirley said that once all the kids had their turn at bat, Haley could have her turn. So once it was time for her turn she went up to bat with a bat that was just as tall as she was. Everyone was cheering for her….even the other team. She barely hit the ball a foot from the tee! She didn’t know what to do next so Cooter showed her that she had to run the bases. She slowly but surely made it around with Daddy waiting for her on third and Cooter and Aubrie waiting at home plate. Aubrie was patting her on the back saying “You did it, Sweetie!” It was one of those things that I will never forget!


The rest of the season went great. Aubrie continued to get better and some games Haley would wanna play and some she wouldn’t. The last few games were HOT, especially the last one. By the end of the game everyone, coaches, players and parents, were all drenched with sweat! Aubrie and Haley both caught the ball at the last game. They were both so excited. At the end of the game all the players got trophies, even Haley “Bugga” Carter who wasn’t officially on the team. It hit me on the way home that Aubrie would be playing coach pitch next year. There have been a lot of things here lately that have reminded me that she isn’t a baby anymore.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.